Our system will automatically adapt to match your HL7 results.
For our default (preferred) HL7 orders format, see the HL7 specification attached to this page (at the bottom).
Adjustments to the spec:
We can adjust this format if necessary. Some common adjustments include:
- By default, AOEs will be sent in OBX segments but these can be switched to NTEs if needed.
- By default, the IN1 segment is always sent, even for patient and client bill types. The IN1 can be suppressed for Patient/Client bill types if needed. If suppressed we'll generally send the default bill code in a segment other than IN1 (see comments on default bill codes below).
- By default, the PV1 segment will be suppressed, but this can be added if needed. There's no extra data added, just a rearrangement of data if PV1 is needed in addition to PID.
- 6 types of insurances are sent: Client (also referred to as Account), Patient, Medicare, Medicaid, Private Insurance, and HMOs. Generally, Medicare, Medicaid, Private Insurance, and HMOs are grouped together as 'Third Party' Insurances. See the mappings below for more clarity.
- Sometimes LIS/LIMS require default insurance codes in the IN1 segment when Client (Account) or Patient bill types or sent, or when third-party insurance is sent without a code. If this sounds familiar please reference the default insurance code mappings below - these can be adjusted as needed.
HL7 ORM Field Mappings:
Any HL7 mappings can be adjusted as needed. The default mappings are below:
Insurance Type (normally IN1.47.1)
Private Insurance: T
Default Insurance Codes (if needed):
Private Insurance: 9999999
Insured relationship to Patient:
Guarantor relationship to Patient: