Our system will automatically adapt to match your HL7 results.
For our default (preferred) HL7 orders format, see the HL7 specification attached to this page. We can adjust this format if necessary. Some common adjustments include:
- By default AOEs will be sent in OBX segments but these can be switched to NTEs if needed.
- By default the IN1 segment is always sent, even for patient and client bill types. The IN1 can be suppressed for Patient/Client bill types if needed. If suppressed we'll generally send the default bill code in a segment other than IN1 (see comments on default bill codes below).
- By default the PV1 segment will be suppressed, but this can be added if needed. There's no extra data added, just a rearrangement of data if PV1 is needed in addition to PID.
- 6 types of insurances are sent: Client (also referred to as Account), Patient, Medicare, Medicaid, Private Insurance, and HMOs. Generally Medicare, Medicaid, Private Insurance, and HMOs are grouped together as 'Third Party' Insurances. See the mappings below for more clarity.
- Sometimes LIS/LIMS require default insurance codes in the IN1 segment when Client (Account) or Patient bill types or sent, or when a third party insurance is sent without a code. If this sounds familiar please reference the default insurance code mappings below - these can be adjusted as needed.
Orders HL7 Field Mappings: Any HL7 mappings can be adjusted as needed. The default mappings below take the format of:
Information: HL7 Value
Insurance Type (normally IN1.47.1)
Private Insurance: T
Default Insurance Codes (if needed):
Private Insurance: 9999999
Insured relationship to Patient:
Guarantor relationship to Patient: